With over 7 branches around Dubai, Sushi Counter has been a fast growing fast food Japanese restaurant here in Dubai. Unlike any other fast food restaurant, the food here is constantly prepared fresh by their chef with the use of exclusive recipes that's incomparable with that in the market
Sushi Counter specializes in making sushi, sashimi, and has been slowly expanding to serve more Japanese treats. Oh, how I just love seeing Japanese food and entering this restaurant is like heaven in my eyes.
We visited the branch at the World Trade Center Area. The size of that branch is pretty huge with an outside seating that's able to accommodate a lot of people. Though I won't recommend you dining outside during winter (haha)!
Looking at their menu, they serve a lot of options for sushi, sashimi, tartare, temaki, and other Japanese specialties that I never thought existed. :'D
If you opt to order the items separately, the serving is actually good for one to consume. So, if you're planning to share be sure to order a lot but don't fret the high-quality food served here is a really good value for your money.
With the help of their very helpful and attentive staff, we were able to get some of the best dishes that they serve which were the following:
Crab Avocado California Roll - Crab Meat, avocado, creamy spicy sauce, and tobiko.
* This roll has a simple and classic taste that's not hard to love. The crab meat and avocado mixed well together. I love the spiciness of this roll.
Black Garden California Roll - Black rice, avocado, asparagus, carrot, cucumber, & creamy spicy sauce.
* This roll has taken the healthy game stronger by using a black rice. The result was pretty amazing. I am not really a fan of black rice but this one packs a punch.
Crunchy Eel Scallop California Roll - Scallop, eel, rice crackers, blue chips, tobiko, and mayo.
* This is my favorite Roll that I've tried here. The scallop was very good and I love the crunch at every bite.
These are some of their PREMIUM sushi which we tried and the following were:
* Pretty Good selection of sushi my personal favorite are the tobiko and Salmon Eggs.
For the normal sushi, we opted to try some of their best selling dishes and some fairly odd ones that we never tried before which were the following:
* This classic sushi never fails to impress and I love the slices of fresh meat that's topped with the tightly compact yet soft sushi rice.
Avocado Shrimp Tartare - Ebi Shrimp, avocado, cucumber, creamy spicy sauce, blue flowers, dill leaves, and black and white seeds.
* This one tasted a bit normal. It didn't have that distinct taste and the shrimp was overpowered by the taste of cucumber and avocado. But nevertheless, I enjoyed eating this dish
Tuna Tartare with Avruga - Tuna, green apple, avruga, cucumber, and cream cheese.
* This is great for Tuna Lovers. It comes with a pack of small tuna sliced in cube. I am a big fan of tuna so it's quite easy for me to fall in love with this dish.
Salmon Quinoa Chirashi - Salmon, quinoa, white sesame seed, and nori on a bed of Japanese rice.
* Salmon and Quinoa are one of my favorites and combining them into one dish is a dream come true. This dish is generous in salmon so you won't regret trying this out. I guarantee it's full of flavor.
Crab and Quinoa Chirashi - Edamame, crab meat, quinoa, rice cracker, yuzu mayo, sushi rice, black sesame seeds, nori & creamy spicy sauce on a bed of quinoa and Japanese rice.
* I'm probably not a big fan of this dish. Unlike the other one this had more rice in it and the serving of the crab meat is just limited. I suggest they put some more crab meat in this dish.
Seafood Ceviche - Shrimp, Octopus, Scallops, cucumber, cherry tomato, onion, lime, mango, coriander leaves, black & white sesame seed & sushi counter ceviche sauce.
Tuna Avocado - Tuna, avocado, and white sesame seeds.
Salmon Burger - crispy wafers with tamago, chives, salmon, creamy spicy sauce, sweet soya sauce, and black & white sesame seeds.
* My love for burger just got better with this salmon sushi burger. I am amazed at how artistic they were to come up with this dish. Thumbs up for the generous amount of salmon that's evident in every bite.
Beef Tenderloin Burger - crispy wafers with beef tartare, capsicum, chive, and black and white sesame seed.
* Had the same feeling while eating though raw beef meat was used. Wasn't much of a fan of raw beef meat but since it's on a sushi burger i reckon it can pass.
Tuna Burger - crispy wafers with tamago, chives, creamy spicy sauce, tuna, sweet soy sauce, and black and white sesame seed.
* Feels like eating a salmon sushi burger but with TUNA. I still prefer salmon over tuna though. :D
Sashimi Platter - a mix of salmon sashimi, tuna sashimi, whitefish sashimi, shrimp sashimi, and scallop sashimi.
* This artistically created platter were made up of fresh ingredients. One bite and you'll know how fresh this dish is. From the salmon up to the scallops, everything was perfect.
Before you consume this treat, they first heat it on a microwave and served it to you on a bowl. Eating this dish feels like consuming a mochi dessert. I love the taste of coconut in this dish. I would love you to try this one for a change. :D
I had one of the best Japanese feast here at sushi counter. The dishes are really made with high quality ingredients and tasted really fresh. Being a full pledged Japanese Food Fan, I am really amazed and happy at how they crafted each and every dish. The fresh meat paired with its corresponding sauce were blessing to my taste buds. I highly recommend this place out. Check out out feast below and I'm pretty sure you'll be looking at the nearest sushi counter store around. :D
People who loves to eat are always the best people.