Theme parks are a natural thing nowadays in Dubai. IMG Worlds just opened its gates and another one just boasted its 4 theme parks in one location concept. But the problem with these parks is the fact that it's located far away from the city.
One theme park, however, is just silently sitting there in the center of Downtown Dubai. Dubbed as the Regions first immersive gaming theme park in the UAE. Hub Zero offers an alternative way for gamers to enjoy playing video games in an entirely new level.
This indoor park is approximately 15,000sqm and occupies and entire building in City Walk Dubai. Inside the park are complete facilities of some gaming zone, children's play area, some retail space, and of course food and beverage offerings.
Admission to the park costs you around 210 AED for a Master Pass(Unlimited Access to all floors). For a simple hack, It's better if you can ask a friend who has an entertainer app so that you can get the same price for a ticket of two. :D
Most of the rides in this park are drawn out of various popular media games and played in either a Virtual Reality Experience, Rides, 5-D cinematic experience, laser maze/tags, kiddie rides, and some out of this world simulators.
Though it seemed advanced, I hated the fact that some rides still lacks the proper equipment to fully enjoy the experience. With its price, I expected it to be a bit more complete but there were some rides where 3D glasses are not available and these rides need 3D glasses to function as a great ride.
Luckily for us, we managed to try everything. Well except for the Plants vs Zombies part since they forbid us to play because we're not kids anymore (BOOOOOOOO! hahahaha).
Out of all the rides, my top favorites are the following:
1. Dragon Age: Flight of Wardens
- Many would agree that this is the best ride in the park. True enough, it is the only ride where you get to feel like you're riding a roller coaster.
2. Hero Zone: Vertical Adventure
- This ride is more of a thriller adventure kind but what I love about it is that it is full of adventure. You get to climb all the way to the top and trust the ropes to guide you back down. This is not for the faint hearted but would dare you not to miss it. :D
3. Virtual Arena
- Experience the best Virtual Reality Experience here. Had fun shooting zombies back and forth. I love how it felt pretty realistic.
This theme park draws its uniqueness in offering 4-D and Virtual Reality gaming experience to users. I had fun trying this really cool park out. One of the best things to enjoy the weekend with family or friends. Though, One thing that's not good about it is the price. It's too pricey. I hope they reconsider their pricing as it probably would have a hard time competing with other theme parks in Dubai.